Sunday, March 6, 2016

WildEarth's Archives and other blog features explained.




For this post I would just like to explain a few things I’ve added to my daily drive summary blog posts; which should make it easier to access things I talk about from the drive.
WildEarth brings us Safari Live Drives, and they have a wonderful website where all the drives are archived. As I prepare my daily drive summaries to be added to the blog, I have added several things. The first is a date and time format from the archives, (2016/03/06 16:31) so if you want to go see the section of drive I am talking about you can follow the instructions below and go to the date and time I listed and see it. The archives date and time is in SAST or South African Standard time, which is Six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. The instructions will be at the bottom of this post, if needed.
Next, on certain animals, and also on some unusual words, I have added links for more information about them. Depending on the animal the links lead to various sites for instance, "Nkuhuma pride of lions," the word Nkuhuma links to their public figure Facebook page, and "lions" links to a page for more information about the African lion and even some sounds they make. At times there is no information on that animal or bird on my personally preferred pages, in that case I default to using a link to Wikipedia. 
 For people who don’t know what I am talking about, or have not used the archives before; I will explain how.

2. Under the video are three boxes to help detail your search. The First for the purpose of watching past drives you need to choose WildEarth Safaris, click on the arrow to the right scroll down and select it.

3. In the next box over, choose how often you want the thumbnails to show the video clips. I personally use every minute therefore it is less video searching for the spot I want to see.

4. The Last box to the right is the date Remember this is South African Standard Time and Date.
That’s pretty much it once all the parameters are in the three boxes your search will come up. It’s a large database and may take a few seconds to load, and then you just use the next or previous buttons to search to the time or video you want to see. Under each thumbnail picture is the date and time that I have used on each sighting in my daily drive summary.

© 2016 Chell Taft
All rights reserved. None of this material may be copied, published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed by media of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment